Arts Funding for Clearwater Schools
Teachers of the Visual and Performing Arts
This program is designed to provide moderate support for arts teachers in Clearwater schools for projects, an artist residency, or for professional development.
Award Period & Amounts:
Requests may be for amounts up to, but not more than $500.00. In order to be considered for a funding award, the two-page application form must be completed and required support materials attached and postmarked by the Deadline of January 21, 2020.
Applicants must be teachers of art, music, theater or dance in the Pinellas County Public School System in Clearwater.
Goals and Objectives:
- To support arts education projects or teacher professional development tuition and travel which traditional sources do not fund, or for special unanticipated project expenses which occur during the school year.
- To encourage teachers of the visual and performing arts to collaborate with professional artists for classroom or school-wide projects.
How To Apply:
Complete the application form below and submit.
Please upload the required support materials:
- For classroom or school projects or an artist residency include a letter/statement of support from the Principal of the school.
- For professional development attach brochures, online articles, or flyers describing classes, workshops, or conferences. Note: Classes leading to a degree are NOT eligible for funding.
Review & Notification:
Applications will be reviewed by a Clearwater Arts Alliance review panel. Applicants will be notified within three weeks following receipt of the application. If the application is successful, a letter of agreement will be sent for signature by the applicant. When that letter is signed and returned, funds will be released to the applicant’s school, or in the case of professional development, to the teacher.
The following documentation is required to be received 30 days following the end of the project or by May 15, 2019 as part of the award agreement:
1) Expenditure report; 2) a brief narrative; 3) photo documentation of project or program.
Failure to provide the final report may disqualify the recipient from future awards.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: JANUARY 21, 2020.
Contact Kay Campbell, Clearwater Arts Alliance Board, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.